The Houston Area Recruiters’ Network is a community of professional college and university representatives from a variety of non-profit, regionally accredited, two (2) and four (4) year academic institutions who serve Houston area high school students and their families with integrity.
HARN is committed to collaborating with high school and college counselors to provide educational access and resources tailored for each student and their needs for future endeavors. This website is intended as a resource for college counselors and students who would like more information about the various universities represented in the HARN network.
Meet the HARN Leadership Committee:
- Communications—Monica Thompson, University of Tennessee
- Membership/Roster— Veronica Pena, University of Texas
- Professional Development & Outreach–TBA
- Programming/Calendar North—Kimberly Morris, Stephen F. Austin State University
- Programming/Calendar South—Roquee Forson, University of Mississippi
- Technology/Website—Jillian Miller, University of North Texas
Meet the HARN Subcommittees:
- High School Counselor Programming— Chair: TBA
- Members: Letitia Carter, Christina Flake, Jason Fletcher, Destiny Jones, Kasey Kerlick, Jonathan McKissack, Kim Morris, Myra Nwoke, Talrah Pantallion, Nikea Vernardo, Rebekah Wells
- Summer Search Series— Chair: Monica Thompson
- Members: Jillian Miller, Ashriel Dunham, Timothy Solis, Diana Trim
- Professional Development— Chair: Veronica Pena and Eddie Canales
- Members: Meredith Bagwell, Christina Cao, Grace Collins, Erica Cushmore, Jasmine DeLeon, Nghi Do, Meagan Jones, Gail Roberson, Melissa Rodriguez, Jessica Vannauker
Are you a college recruiter ready to JOIN us?
HARN membership consists of paid admission representatives who work for a non-profit, regionally accredited, two or four year college/universities. If your institution meets these requirements, please fill out our membership form. You may also use the link above to contact our membership chair. Please refer to our By-laws for more membership qualifications.
Are you a high school counselor and would like to REQUEST a program?
Contact us to find the representative for your school district. We will be delighted to help you coordinate a visit with the HARN institutions. If you have a more general request, you may fill out an inquiry for our programming chairs.